Monday, December 27, 2010

Work with Hands..

Its been a while since I have started weaving..
It all started when I attended a conference in Bangalore in the year 2006. The conference was hosted by a school called Center for Learning( CFL)and the conference was on 'Educating for a sane society'. I wonder whether they could come up with something or not after the conference..but..I had definitely become more sane so to say.
And the whole thing is that I started doing things with my hands.. I haven't like become potter..weaver..but have done few things which I keep doing by taking workshops for children..n every time, we( that is me n children) make something new..:)
Few things that I have been doing are ..
News paper weaving
News paper collage
News paper beads
Palm weaving- birds,fish,start,braids,boxes,cubes
Thread work-braids,knots,figures from thread..thread coiling

If you wants me to come n share what I have learned with yourself or the kids around you..call me..I'd love to..but I prefer having only 5-7 children at one time...
Also if you know someone in Bangalore who can teach me more..please do tell me..I have been doing weaving on a small board but I'd love to learn weaving on a real loom...
so do tell me..
















1 comment:

PS said...

Amazing work............you are so very talented :)